Sunday, March 11, 2007

Children without Fathers...Do you really care?

If this subject has touched you in any way and you want to make a differenct then say something about it. Let's change the motions set by our fathers and do something great for all children.

Psa 127:3 Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.

Here is a deep writing that I wrote about 10 years ago and the title says it all...... DAD........ this subject had a serious impact in my life because I looked everywhere but to GOD at many times for a DAD and it was very troublesome. This was and is one of my most personal subjects that I deal with as a man before GOD. I originally wrote this as a rap/song and there are more words but for now I want you to have this. When you read this and if it touches your heart like it does mine then remember just this:

Hbr 13:5 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

**You see, JESUS fills up all of our voids and needs because we are new people when we are born again in CHRIST.

DAD

So much to say
Where can I start?
How about the lonely days
When I sat at the park

You were no where to be found
Every now and then come around
Long enough to get me down
This left my heart an empty sound

Ex and internal scars
That not only I face
Now I’m surrounded by bars
And my anger turned to hate

Your mistake is lost memories
You preferred the Hennessey
Alcohol instead of me
Burning bridges constantly

Now I’m ticking like a time bomb
My childhood misery
Reminiscing life long
Time for me to set it free

No more broken promises
All unseen accomplishments
Like graduating for instance
You chose to keep your distance

From January to December
And not a day can I remember
That you actually took the time
To see what was on my mind

But now I must move on
Pain has only made me strong
And yes I must stress among
Children’s whose fathers are gone

That there are better days
But it will never fail to amaze me
How many kids play
In the parks feeling lonely

Because innocence lies
Within the eyes
Too many starving hearts
Means our future dies

And all society sees is bad
But not the feelings that’s driven us mad
Since hereditary traits is all I have
My future is my fathers past

By: Kerry Dale Hancock Jr
Sometime in 1997

Isa 41:17 [When] the poor and needy seek water, and [there is] none, [and] their tongue faileth for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.Isa 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way [that] they knew not; I will lead them in paths [that] they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.

3 comments:

TMM said...

Nice, put up more in here.

~Sidharth

TMM said...

I love your poem - it's very touching.

Kerry Hancock Jr said...

Thank you for you comments... sometimes it is difficult to share the things that are deepest to us but I know this is a subject we must face head on. Blessings.